Phase 2 - shadow drawings

I am about to do some work on petri dish shadow drawings. These are something I started toying with many years ago and have been meaning to re-visit for a while. Previously I have done a few on a large scale (1 m x 0.8 m) and a number of 'samples' (see previous post) but have always meant to develop further. One of the digital outcomes I want to explore is laser etching on acrylic (in particular a double sided etch as mentioned previously here). The second phase of the Fabelist project seems the ideal time to pursue this area in more detail- along with other investigations into 'surface'. I currently have 4 different size petri dishes to experiment with - ranging from 47mm - 140 mm and I shall be concentrating on hand etching for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment